Wednesday, March 22, 2006

French Books

This is an article put out by the French Books Newsletter which highlights some of the most recent french-related and translated works that are available right now. I found this link from an expat blog I check every now and then called In Paris Now.

Since we're on the subject of lists, I'd throw in anything by Alistair Horne, especially La Belle France (which I'm currently reading) or the Seven Ages of Paris. He's an English historian who has received the Legion d'Honneur for his work in french history. Also, there's the helpful French or Foe and Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong if you're planning on a trip to France.

On a sidenote about French History... I am a history major and a french minor. When I explain that to french people, they instantly assume I'm a french history major. Lately, I've just been rolling with that and forsaking the whole explanation (aka I've taken a lot of classical, latin american, and european history, and never a specific course on the history of france outside of my european survey course). Plus it makes french people like me more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home