Tuesday, May 23, 2006

On the 68

Today I went down to the Student Cafeteria over by Port Royal, home of the best cafeteria pizza around town. After, I headed down to the SNCF Boutique to buy some train tickets to finish up my traveling around France - I leave for Normandy tomorow to stay with some neighbors at their place outside of Dieppe, then I'm coming back to Paris Saturday morning and leaving later that afternoon to spend a night in Nancy.

Why Nancy? Well, it turns out that Lyon's trains are all full on Sunday, as are Bordeaux's. So, luckily I was with my friend Emma, and she pulled out a map and was like, "Nancy!" and lo and behold, we're gonna be there for a night. I'm actually really excited, it's got amazing art nouveau architecture, and a few great museums and some solid, heartier food from Lorraine.

Anyways, so after I hopped on the 68 Bus for the tour across Paris - down Boulevard Raspail, up and across the Seine by the Louvre, then down to Opera, and finally Place de Clichy. I put on Steely Dan's "Pretzel Logic" - yeah, you know what I'm talking about - and grooved out for a while. Time here has been passing by so quickly lately it's been hard to get a handle on my rapidly diminishing time left - at this point I only have like 5 nights or so left in Paris proper.

Tomorrow I'm heading out to Normandy to explore some castles and, as my host dad, who's tagging along, reminded me, help the neighbor chop wood. So, I'll bring along the Chateaubriand and try to be as French as possible until I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home