Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Le temps passe

Yesterday, I stopped by the Cafe de Flore, where I spent 7 euros on some of the best hot chocolate I've ever had in my life. The Cafe de Flore is right on Boulevard St. Germain, right next to another famous french Cafe, Les Deux Magots, known for celebrity clientele in the past such as Jean-Paul Sartre (yes, I will be constantly referencing Sartre). Both have the obligatory tux-clad waiters and $5 single shots of Espresso. Essentially, you go there for the whole experience. Sitting on the Boulevard St. Germanin, sipping an espresso, is a sublime Paris experience. All I need to do now is take up smoking (just kidding Mom).

I named this post "le temps passe" because it's the title of the latest Johnny Hallyday song, on which he collaborates with a french rap group. I saw him perform it live on the NRJ music awards (in french, the letter "J" is actually pronounced as the letter "G")... Frankly, it's a pretty ridiculous song, and about 10 years too late on the rap-fusion bandwagon.

Other things... Well, I've found that after almost two weeks here, time still flies by. I've somehow ended up popular enough to have dinner stuff all the way through saturday, and despite the sheer amount of things I'm doing (as if I'd have it any other way), le temps passe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home