Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Barcelona, take 1

So I'm here at the Habana Home hostel in Barcelona, typing away on one of their computers with free internet. Due to Semana Santa and poor planning, I'm basically here until Saturday, when I take a night train down to get close to Algeciras, and then hopefully a ferry monday morning to Tangier, Morocco so that I can train it on down to Rabat for a few days. First impressions on Barcelona are pretty positive. I've been here since Sunday night and I'm finally getting into the rhythm. The city is very well laid-out, lots of wide boulevards, very pretty architecture (and plenty of weird buildings designed by Gaudi), and plenty to do and see. Unfortunately, it's been pretty chilly here, ie: in the 50s, so I haven't been able to enjoy the beach life or anything like that.

Also because of Semana Santa, there's been a lot of jockeying around between hostels, which has been really tiring. Everything is pretty much booked solid so that we can't leave Barcelona to go to Lisbon or anything, and staying here is almost as difficult... I'll write more probably when I get down to Morocco and get back to the familiar internet cafe in Rabat, inshalla.

ps- I know this has been communicated to me before, but the sheer amount of awful hairstyles here is unbelievable. Mullets, bad dye-jobs, etc. Everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home