Wednesday, January 25, 2006

France Inter

A few says ago, I was sitting down for breakfast (aka: tea and bread... every morning) when I heard Antony and the Johnsons on the radio. The singer, Antony, is androgynous, with a Nina Simone-esque voice. My surprise was more because this was one of the big French radio stations, not some local college radio in the US. After Antony and the Johnsons, Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah came on. Within that space of time, I got hooked on France Inter, basically what American radio should be (in my world). Two nights ago, as Jacques (my host dad) and I were chowing down on his couscous and lamb, France Inter had a live set from Cat Power. This morning, as I woke up and got the tea started downstairs, the Flaming Lips came on. So, despite all my distaste with Johnny Hallyday and the french people's obsession with Black Eyed Peas, it seems like there might be something here for me as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home