Thursday, January 26, 2006

Musee d'Orsay/Bandidas

Today was my last day of intensive french at the Institut Catholique, so I celebrated by eating at a student cafeteria (...) and then went to the Musee d'Orsay, one of my most favorite and accessible museums in Paris. The collection is amazing, and runs the gamut from Monet to Seurat to Rodin to Gauguin to Van Gogh to Manet, to name just a few. Despite the random German schoolchildren that seemed to keep on stepping on my heels no matter where I went, it was some of the most reflective time I've been able to have here.

Anyways, given that. I'm off to see the movie "Bandidas" right now starring Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz. Yes, I know it will be bad. Honestly though, after all of these cultural experiences, I need a break to just laugh.

Tomorrow night, I'm off to one of my favorite restaurants in Paris, the admittedly touristy La Mere Catherine, in Montmartre on the Place de Tertre (where all the french artists paint caricatures). However, the place was founded in 1793, and has undeniable charm, and a french lady singing, accompanied by a piano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home